[mslee's thoughts] Spending Three Days of My Holiday Seasons Watching "High School Love On"

Hi! School - Love On-p2.jpg 

mslee just spent three days of my holiday festivities watching High School Love On. Yes, ain't I insane? But then, watching high school dramas brings me back to my own high school days which looks so far away now from where I am. It's like a gazillion years had passed away! But sure, this drama has so much heart warming scenes and happy times that whatever the conflicts between these cute kids did not spoil the fun of watching.

I am a fan of Fallen series books by Kate Lauren [which I collected and will pass to my niece at the right time] even though I am not young anymore, call me unnie or noona, I will always be young at heart. I love romance and some adventures or fantasy together with it. It brings magic to the drama. Just like every teens have fallen for TVD particularly season 1 or read the complete series of Twilight Saga [which by the way I bought] or read the recent famous books like If I Stay and Just One Day by Gayle Forman [which again I bought] mslee thinks that romance will forever be about first love during younger years. The romance is more memorable when it happens through those years.

Hmm..back to High Scool Love On. Actually, this one is a recommendation of my niece living in Milan. She is just 12 years old and before she migrated there she learned from me of watching k-dramas and searching all about k-artist/pop idols. She has her own favorites. And I am glad that although we are miles apart, our connection through all things about K makes us even closer.

I was asking her what dramas is she watching now and she listed some current dramas I also watch and blog. But then she said that she marathon watched High School Love On and said that it is cute. Well, for a teen like her, I know it brings her more fun watching it. I have seen this drama and read the synopsis  awhile back but because I am too busy with other dramas, I skipped this one. But finally this holiday seasons, so much time for me to check on this drama while other current dramas are not airing due to awards nights.

I love the friendships it showed. All the characters have their own little stories and ended with their own suitable yet unexpected mates. I love the support from the kids at the last part of the drama when our cute and kind angel Seul Bi needs protection from being exposed. They all helped in preventing her from disappearing.

I love the cute romance between our young hero Shin Woo Hyun and Lee Seul Bi. They have got an amazing chemistry. Their innocence bring us back to when we were young and having our first crush or first boyfriend. 

I love the twists of the story. Some made me cry like when the grandmother passed away. That was really unexpected scenario for me. But it has to happen, make Woo Hyun all alone to make room for his mother. The story of how the mother chose to ignore his presence, leaving him/ abandoning him even in this state where he is all alone makes me question the reasons behind it. 

The friendship that turned sour and bitter between Woo Hyun and Song Yeol is one of the nasty things that can happen in teenage life. The love triangle can be suffocating. The jealousy can be vindictive. But I like how Woo Hyun kept his mind reasonable and understanding towards Song Yeol. It was his sincerity that brought his friend back from the monster that was slowly turning him into.

The bullying in the story are really, seriously one of the nasty things that do happen in real world. But in the story, it enlightens me, showing me that fear of losing friends sometimes make one show power and strength to others just to make it and be popular. It was like they have to be feared by others who are less brave to make them recognize them. But in the end, it also showed that being alone is a choice and that doing good things can make a lot of friends.

The story is recommendable to all youngsters. They can learn a thing or two watching this drama.  It's about good and bad deeds. Which one is better?

Being kind just like angel Seul Bi is a tough task to maintain but because she is an angel, she can endure all and can maintain her innocence. Her charm is addictive. Of course, the final episode just got to have what almost all k-dramas have. The 'amnesia" cliche'.  It is already noted that she will lose her memory if she disappeared which happened after the car accident. Two years later she is back under a different name. But love found it's way with these One True Pair. Woo Hyun  just got to be patient at waiting. After all he has waited for two years. 

The ending is already anticipated. Just an ordinary flash backs that made Seul Bi realized she is the one they have been all talking about and she is in love with Woo Hyun. Well, I have been treated to 19 episodes of romance and fun between our young couple so I think I am full. The get together they had is just apt for the ending.

These kids can melt our hearts, can make us laugh, can make us think of our own past and visit our own first romance.

If you have not yet watched it, give it a try. They are all so cute!


-mslee1107-



Cast and Synopsis

Profile

  • Drama: Hi! School - Love On
  • Revised romanization: Haiseukool - Reobeuon
  • Hangul: 하이스쿨 - 러브온
  • Director: Sung Joon-Hae
  • Writer: Lee Jae-Yeon
  • Network: KBS2
  • Episodes: 20
  • Release Date: July 11 - December 19, 2014
  • Runtime: Fridays 20:55-21:50
  • Language: Korean
  • Country: South Korea

Plot

High school students go through love and maturity as an angel becomes a human being to save a male high school student.

Notes

  1. "Hi! School - Love On" takes over the KBS2 Fridays 20:55 time slot and will be replaced by "Spy”.
  2. First script reading took place May 13, 2014 at the new KBS building in Yeouido, Seoul, South Korea.

Cast

Hi! School - Love On-Nam Woo-Hyun.jpg Hi! School - Love On-Kim Sae-Ron.jpg Hi! School - Love On-Lee Sung-Yeol.jpg
Nam Woo-Hyun Kim Sae-Ron Lee Sung-Yeol
Shin Woo-Hyun Lee Seul-Bi Hwang Sung-Yeol
Additional Cast Members:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review