[mslee's thoughts] Prime Minister and I - The Beautiful Ending

Mondays and Tuesdays will feel empty after Prime Minister and I finished. The drama that I never expected to watch and wait each week. Actor Lee Bum Soo definitely captures my attention and he as Kwon Yul made me fall in love with the character along with the beautiful yet free spirited Nam Da Jung played by YoonA.

I was dreading this weeks episodes after the return of the supposed to be dead errant wife of the Prime Minister Park Na Young. Although it is a relief that she is alive and can repent for her abandoning her children and deciding to run away with Kang In Ho's brother, still her presence in the lives of the Kwon family will bring confusion and pain, first to Nam Da Jung and to the family. The betrayal Kwon Yul felt a long time ago will re open wounds. Then there are the children who have been living quite okay for a while now, thanks to Da Jung's understanding heart, but now they will be in for a surprise.


What about Da Jung? Surely her heart will find a way to let go of the Prime Minister and leave quietly. Love is not enough to stay by his side. The children's happiness is what's more important and she understand it.


It is clear that Kwon Yul will acknowledge Park Na Young's existence, even accept her apology but his heart lies elsewhere. Nam Da Jung is the one inside his heart now. The one he misses. I love how the writer wrapped up the story. There can never be going back from her place as the wife because it was already filled by someone else. Park Na Young also chose to stay with Kang So Ho and wait for a miracle.

Although it is sad that Nam Da Jung's father had to go away, the miracle happened for Kang So Ho. In his departure, So Ho regained consciousness. The moment was a celebration of life for Park Na Young and Kang In Ho. The wait has ended. With the passing away of Da Jung's father, the children also realized the importance of life, especially Woo Ri. He had been hurt the moment he learned that his mother is still alive but never returned to them. He had made hurtful remarks to his mother but in the end realized that moments are too precious to waste. They have been given opportunity to know Da Jung's father and called him "haraboji" grandfather. It is important to acknowledge the presence of their mother in their lives now.

The reunion between Woo Ri and Park Na Young is another tear filled scene. Kwon Yul who has accepted Na Young as the mother of his children is happy for Woo Ri. This is only the first of his new decisions. He has resigned from his position. Although he wants Da Jung to stay by his side he respected her decision to leave and take a trip. I was already anticipating this move of parting from one another. The story has to move forward. The main characters needed to heal and be a better person. Both Kwon Yul and Da Jung needed to wait for the right time to start over again.

My journey watching this drama was worth the time I spent. All episodes gave me the laughs I anticipated, the tears that were unexpected, heart warming moments that melts my heart and just plain falling in love with both Da Jung and Kwon Yul. I also love the few skinships they shared, the kisses that were impulsive yet sweet and the eye to eye connection they had. The simple conversation brought smiles to me as a viewer. 

 

The reunion in the last part of the final episode was light and full of hidden promises. Promise of tomorrow between Kwon Yul and Nam Da Jung. I had my beautiful ending. It was so simple yet the romance was in the air. Though I want to complain for the lack of hug/embrace and that sweet kiss for two couples reunited, I guess the scene was just right. This was a new beginning for the both of them. Time to know each other in a new level as man and woman. 






One thing the writer forgot in my own opinion was the significance of the ring Da Jung kept to herself. I was hoping to see that ring on her finger the moment they shook hands again. It could have been a great scene where Kwon Yul would realized that she has it all along and that she treasured it as his love for her.



The ending scene...beautiful in it's simplicity.

Another drama has ended but I know Prime Minister and I will be added in my favorite lists. And that sometime in the future I will watch again just to feel the unexpected love in the air between two odd couple, Prime Minsiter and Nam Da Jung, the reporter.

this is mslee1107 writing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review