[mslee's thoughts] Emergency Man and Woman First Impression - Ridiculously Funny Yet Intriguing


A new drama premiered via tvN this Friday Jan. 24, 2014. Emergency Man and Woman, a new romance/comedy. Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo played a couple who married young but divorced only after a short time.

A drama that I anticipated because Choi Jin Hyuk is the lead actor. Actually, he captivated me during his role as Kim Won in The Heirs as the older brother of Kim Tan played by Lee Min Ho. After the drama ended, I hoped for his own lead role and thankfully, I did not wait for along time.

First impression? Hmmm....I know there will be funny scenes just by watching the teasers, yet still surprised how ridiculously funny most of the scenes are. The petty fights, the endless arguing, the foul mouth degrading of a husband to his wife, the arrogance of the resident doctor to his interns, the chaos, all these scenes are mostly cliches' in a typical Korean drama that I find absurd and outrageous and sometimes unbelievable yet at the same time intrigued to know more.

Oh Jin Hee [SJH] and Oh Chang Min [CJH] with their non stop fighting while married to each other decided to divorce and live separately. Both resumed studies and ironically, both pursue the same dream to be doctors. Becoming interns made their world smaller, too. They went to the same hospital to be resident interns. Surprised at seeing each other again, insults were soon thrown at each other as if they were in a volleyball match. They can't stand each other, considering they were once a couple. No one knew among the team that they were married before least know each other.

As expected, I finished the first episode intrigued to know what will happen next. So I watched episode 2 and though I am already anticipating some scenes to be volatile every time they saw each other in the midst of the already busy and chaotic emergency rooms, still I find myself grinning at this impossible couple.

 Then there is this resident devil doctor in the ER who scared every interns that are duty under his watch. I find him cute and charming, this doctor Kook Cheon Soo. His first encounter with Oh Jin Hee was not good, yet I think he will be nice to her in the future.

Well, I think I did enjoy the drama and will wait for the third episode. Just hoping that the writer will lessen some ridiculous scenes but maintain the fun. 

-mslee1107-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review